Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Post Break: Who Doesn't Love

I love the Christmas movie "A Christmas Story". Our family watches this movie on Direct television every year, and sometimes more than once.
This show is such a delight for two reasons. First of all it is perfectly set in the 1940's. The scenery and traditions of the Christmas season are displayed in such a true to the time era fashion, from the Christmas window displays, the parade, and all of the products in use at that time like the radio programs and Lifebuoy soap.
Secondly it is simply hilarious. Who can't remember the scenes of the friend being triple-dog dared to stick his tongue to the flagpole? Or the scene where Ralphie exclaims, "I don't believe it, I shot my eye out". Everyone watching could feel the frustration of little Randy being stuffed like a teddy bear from his winter clothes and not being able to get back up when pushed down. And of course Ralphie comes up with clever ways to introduce this idea of wanting a bb gun for Christmas to his mother, who thinks it's a bad idea and exclaims "no, you'll shoot your eye out".
A Christmas Story is a wonderful Christmas movie for all and I'm glad that I can share this movie that I enjoyed in my youth with my kids.
Author: Dorsey Velasquez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Useful Videos About Online Surveys