Thursday, May 19, 2011

Post Break: Relaxing With Coffee

Even though I live alone and work from home, my life is pretty hectic most of the week, so I make a point of slowing down and relaxing on weekends. I think it's important for everyone to take more time to breathe, look around and enjoy life and all it has to offer. I even feel this way about coffee.

On weekends, instead of just brewing something in the automatic machine, I take time to go out for coffee. I like to appreciate it as the wonderful treat it is. On Saturday afternoons I walk five blocks to the Runcible Spoon. I sit at an outdoor table, sip mocha cappuccino, have a few cookies from the local bakery and and watch people passing. There's peaceful folk music on the speakers, my friends might stop by to chat or I might glance through an alternative newspaper to see what movies are playing. On chilly winter days I sit downstairs, warm up with pumpkin spice coffee with whipped cream, and read a book or magazine from the shop's library.

Sometimes I tackle a difficult work assignment during the week. A change of scene can improve my ability to think and plan. I pack up my laptop, set my home security alarm (site) and lock the door, and take advantage of the Spoon's wireless internet service. A couple of hours and a cup or two of mocha almond coffee later, my work is done and I'm free!

Guest post written by my buddy Angelo Cooper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Useful Videos About Online Surveys